NDRN is the nonprofit membership organization for the federally mandated Protection and Advocacy (P&A) Systems and Client Assistance Programs (CAP). There is a P&A/CAP agency in every state and U.S. territory as well as one serving the Native American population in the four corners region. Collectively, the P&A/CAP network is the largest provider of legally based advocacy services to people with disabilities in the United States.

Showing results in “Oklahoma”
  • Oklahoma Disability Law Center, Inc.

    5600 N. May Ave.
    Suite 260
    Oklahoma City, OK 73112
    405-525-7755 Voice/TDD
    800-880-7755 Toll Free Voice/TDD
    Logo for Oklahoma Disability Law Center, Inc.

  • State of Oklahoma Client Assistance Program

    C/O William Ginn
    Client Assistance Program
    P.O. Box 25352
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73125

Are you experiencing problems in any of these areas? If yes, select your state or territory above to contact your P&A or CAP.

(Get the Printable Version of the P&A/CAP contact list)

Are you experiencing problems in any of these areas?

  • Moving out of a nursing home.
  • Getting your medications paid for.
  • Getting the health care services you need.
  • Renting a place to live.
  • Being evicted or having problems where you live because of your disability.
  • Being discharged from a hospital into a nursing home and you don’t believe this is right place for you.
  • Getting transportation to get to go places.
  • Your Social Security or other benefits have been stopped.
  • You need a wheelchair, TTY, mobility cane or other aids to help you be independent.
  • You were denied the right to vote because of your disability.
  • You want to know what your voting rights are.
  • Following an accident or illness you have problems with memory, thinking, behavior, keeping a job, following directions, getting along with others or doing things the way you used to.
  • You are not allowed into a store, restaurant or other community setting because you have a service animal or for other reasons related to your disability.

  • Understanding rights.
  • Getting access to medication.
  • What to do if you believe the person may be in danger of harming himself/herself.
  • Accessing mental health services.
  • Ensuring benefits, such as Social Security, are restored after getting out of prison.

Also call your P&A if:

  • You receive a letter from Social Security stating that you are losing your benefits because you are a fugitive felon.

  • To learn about your child’s special education rights and related services such as assistive technology.
  • Assistive technology is equipment or services that help your child participate in and complete school assignments and activities.
  • Your child has not been evaluated for services even though you requested an evaluation.
  • The school is not following the requirements of the child’s IEP (Individual Education Program).
  • The school has not held an IEP meeting within the last 12 months to review your child’s IEP.
  • Your child’s needs have changed and you have asked for another IEP meeting, but the school has not followed through.
  • Your child is getting suspended or expelled because of behavior related to his disability or other special needs.
  • You believe that the placement or services your child is receiving are not meeting her needs.
  • You believe that the placement or services recommended by the school are not going to meet your child’s needs.
  • Your child has been placed in an alternative school or juvenile justice facility and is not receiving the special education services she needs.
  • The school has not provided the equipment such as computers or communication devices that have been recommended to assist your child in completing assignments.

  • You want to know what help is available to get or keep a job.
  • You want to know what will happen to your benefits if you go to work. Benefits may include:
    • Social Security
    • Medicaid
    • TANF
    • Medicare
    • Housing
    • Food Stamps
    • Transportation
  • You have transportation problems getting to and from work.
  • You believe you were not hired or given a different job because of your disability.
  • You were not given the help you needed to do your job.
  • You think people at your job are bothering you or not treating you fairly because of your disability.

This includes hospitals, nursing homes, schools, or other treatment centers.

  • You believe staff is illegally taking your money.
  • You are being physically harmed.
  • Someone made you have sex when you did not want to.
  • Someone touched your body in a way that made you feel uncomfortable.
  • You have been verbally or emotionally bothered.
  • You are being given medication that you don’t want to take.
  • You want a discharge plan.
  • Staff is not following your treatment or discharge plan.
  • Your discharge plan says that you are ready for discharge, put you are still in the hospital.
  • You are not receiving adequate food, clothing or health care.
  • You don’t feel safe.

  • You need help getting services from VR (Department of Vocational Rehabilitation Services).
  • You have been told you cannot get help from VR to go to school or get a job.
  • No VR plan has been developed because you and your counselor disagree about your education or job goal or other help you need.
  • VR services have been denied or delayed.
  • VR is not helping you find a job.
  • Your VR counselor will not return your calls.
  • You got a new VR counselor and she/he wants to change your plan to get a job.

  • Registering to vote.
  • You were denied the right to vote.
  • Being provided an accessible voting machine.
  • Using an accessible voting machine.
  • Getting an absentee or mail-in ballot.
  • Your absentee or mail-in ballot was not physically accessible.
  • Trying to vote while in a residential facility or group home.
  • Your state/county’s elections website is not accessible.
  • Your polling place was not physically accessible.
  • Bringing an assistant or helper with you to vote.
  • Your right to vote has been taken away under court-appointed guardianship.
  • You were not allowed into the polling place due to a service animal.
  • Family, caretaker, or poll workers instructing you who to vote for.
  • Family, caretaker, or poll workers trying to prevent you from voting.