NDRN is the nonprofit membership organization for the federally mandated Protection and Advocacy (P&A) Systems and Client Assistance Programs (CAP). There is a P&A/CAP agency in every state and U.S. territory as well as one serving the Native American population in the four corners region. Collectively, the P&A/CAP network is the largest provider of legally based advocacy services to people with disabilities in the United States.

Showing results in “Kentucky”
  • Kentucky Client Assistance Program

    300 Sower Blvd. 4th FL,
    4CSW 20
    Frankfort, KY 40601
    800-633-6283 Toll Free
    502-330-3250 Cell
    Kentucky Client Assistance Program logo

  • Kentucky Protection and Advocacy

    5 Mill Creek Park
    Frankfort, KY 40601
    800-372-2988 Toll Free
    Logo for the Kentucky Protection and Advocacy

Are you experiencing problems in any of these areas? If yes, select your state or territory above to contact your P&A or CAP.

(Get the Printable Version of the P&A/CAP contact list)

Are you experiencing problems in any of these areas?

  • Moving out of a nursing home.
  • Getting your medications paid for.
  • Getting the health care services you need.
  • Renting a place to live.
  • Being evicted or having problems where you live because of your disability.
  • Being discharged from a hospital into a nursing home and you don’t believe this is right place for you.
  • Getting transportation to get to go places.
  • Your Social Security or other benefits have been stopped.
  • You need a wheelchair, TTY, mobility cane or other aids to help you be independent.
  • You were denied the right to vote because of your disability.
  • You want to know what your voting rights are.
  • Following an accident or illness you have problems with memory, thinking, behavior, keeping a job, following directions, getting along with others or doing things the way you used to.
  • You are not allowed into a store, restaurant or other community setting because you have a service animal or for other reasons related to your disability.

  • Understanding rights.
  • Getting access to medication.
  • What to do if you believe the person may be in danger of harming himself/herself.
  • Accessing mental health services.
  • Ensuring benefits, such as Social Security, are restored after getting out of prison.

Also call your P&A if:

  • You receive a letter from Social Security stating that you are losing your benefits because you are a fugitive felon.

  • To learn about your child’s special education rights and related services such as assistive technology.
  • Assistive technology is equipment or services that help your child participate in and complete school assignments and activities.
  • Your child has not been evaluated for services even though you requested an evaluation.
  • The school is not following the requirements of the child’s IEP (Individual Education Program).
  • The school has not held an IEP meeting within the last 12 months to review your child’s IEP.
  • Your child’s needs have changed and you have asked for another IEP meeting, but the school has not followed through.
  • Your child is getting suspended or expelled because of behavior related to his disability or other special needs.
  • You believe that the placement or services your child is receiving are not meeting her needs.
  • You believe that the placement or services recommended by the school are not going to meet your child’s needs.
  • Your child has been placed in an alternative school or juvenile justice facility and is not receiving the special education services she needs.
  • The school has not provided the equipment such as computers or communication devices that have been recommended to assist your child in completing assignments.

  • You want to know what help is available to get or keep a job.
  • You want to know what will happen to your benefits if you go to work. Benefits may include:
    • Social Security
    • Medicaid
    • TANF
    • Medicare
    • Housing
    • Food Stamps
    • Transportation
  • You have transportation problems getting to and from work.
  • You believe you were not hired or given a different job because of your disability.
  • You were not given the help you needed to do your job.
  • You think people at your job are bothering you or not treating you fairly because of your disability.

This includes hospitals, nursing homes, schools, or other treatment centers.

  • You believe staff is illegally taking your money.
  • You are being physically harmed.
  • Someone made you have sex when you did not want to.
  • Someone touched your body in a way that made you feel uncomfortable.
  • You have been verbally or emotionally bothered.
  • You are being given medication that you don’t want to take.
  • You want a discharge plan.
  • Staff is not following your treatment or discharge plan.
  • Your discharge plan says that you are ready for discharge, put you are still in the hospital.
  • You are not receiving adequate food, clothing or health care.
  • You don’t feel safe.

  • You need help getting services from VR (Department of Vocational Rehabilitation Services).
  • You have been told you cannot get help from VR to go to school or get a job.
  • No VR plan has been developed because you and your counselor disagree about your education or job goal or other help you need.
  • VR services have been denied or delayed.
  • VR is not helping you find a job.
  • Your VR counselor will not return your calls.
  • You got a new VR counselor and she/he wants to change your plan to get a job.

  • Registering to vote.
  • You were denied the right to vote.
  • Being provided an accessible voting machine.
  • Using an accessible voting machine.
  • Getting an absentee or mail-in ballot.
  • Your absentee or mail-in ballot was not physically accessible.
  • Trying to vote while in a residential facility or group home.
  • Your state/county’s elections website is not accessible.
  • Your polling place was not physically accessible.
  • Bringing an assistant or helper with you to vote.
  • Your right to vote has been taken away under court-appointed guardianship.
  • You were not allowed into the polling place due to a service animal.
  • Family, caretaker, or poll workers instructing you who to vote for.
  • Family, caretaker, or poll workers trying to prevent you from voting.