For Immediate Release
January 22, 2018
Contact: David Hutt
WASHINGTON – The National Disability Rights Network (NDRN) is conducting a study for the National Council on Disability about the enforcement of disability rights laws.
NDRN needs the viewpoint of people with disabilities for this important study.
NDRN seeks people with disabilities who have dealt or interacted with the U.S. Access Board, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), or agencies of the U.S. Department of Labor to participate in focus groups about the work of these federal agencies on disability rights.
For example, people with disabilities who have filed a complaint or attended a training with the EEOC, or with the Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division, or Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, or who may have interacted with the U.S. Access Board or the Department of Labor’s Office of Disability and Employment Policy (ODEP), would be good potential participants for these discussions.
Four focus group discussions will be held, two online using the internet and two in-person.
- Online Live: February 20th at 3pm PT, 4pm MT, 5pm CT, 6pm ET
- In-person Live in Washington, D.C.: February 26th at 4pm ET
- On-line Live: March 7th at 6pm PT, 7pm MT, 8pm CT, 9pm ET
- In-person Live in Atlanta, GA: March 20th at 1pm PT, 2pm MT, 3pm CT, 4pm ET
Each focus group will last two hours. Between 12 and 14 participants will be selected for each focus group.
If you, or someone you know, would be a good fit to participate in a focus group, please send the following information about the person to NDRN Senior Staff Attorney David Hutt at [email protected] by February 10th:
- E-mail and/or Phone number;
- City and State of Residence;
- A Brief Statement about you or the recommended person’s interactions with the EEOC, Department of Labor, or the Access Board.
- Focus Group Time Preference: On-Line Feb. 20th or March 7th, or In-Person in D.C. or Atlanta.
Selected participants will be given a $50 stipend after completion of the focus group. Limited funds are available to reimburse some travel expenses for persons who attend the in-person focus groups in Washington, D.C. or Atlanta, GA.
# # #
The National Disability Rights Network (NDRN) is the nonprofit membership organization for the federally mandated Protection and Advocacy (P&A) Systems and the Client Assistance Programs (CAP) for individuals with disabilities. Collectively, the Network is the largest provider of legally based advocacy services to people with disabilities in the United States.