Disability Rights Pennsylvania Representative Payee Investigator Job Ad
Position Purpose and Objectives:
The Representative Payee Investigator conducts onsite reviews of payees. The primary role of the investigator is to interview Social Security beneficiaries and others, document observations, examine financial records, and identify health and safety violations. The position also includes onboarding new Organizational Representative payees to ensure they fully understand their obligations and responsibilities. The Representative Payee Investigator reports to the Representative Payee Grant Manager.
- Uses personal computer approximately 2-4 hours per day.
- Spends approximately 2-4 hours per day in meetings with individuals and groups.
- Sits approximately 4-6 hours per day.
- Requires working under a moderate degree of stress (time constraints; deadlines; multi-tasking high-level projects and issues; complex issues; and conflict resolution).
- Local and overnight travel is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Government security clearance is requirement for this position by the Social Security Administration/Office of Personnel Management.
- Conduct site reviews of specific organizational and individual representative payees following specific guidelines and protocols, which include:
- Undertaking pre-site review research;
- Completing various interviews of representative payees and Social Security beneficiaries;
- Conducting on-site reviews of worksites and housing facilities/homes;
- Depending on the circumstances, reviewing payroll and other financial records kept for individual beneficiaries;
- Assessing the health, safety, welfare, and protection of rights of Social Security beneficiaries;
- Writing and submitting forms and reports on site reviews and corrective action plans following specified formats on deadline;
- Issuing corrective action plans to representative payees;
- Assuring appropriate referrals and follow-up is completed following the site review;
- Undertake other work as established by the Social Security Administration for the representative payee program.
2) Inform or provide technical assistance on representative payee issues to Social Security beneficiaries, independent living centers, area agencies on aging, community organizations, attorneys, state agencies, or other groups concerned with preventing fraud and mismanagement by representative payees.
4) Participate in the bi-weekly intake rotation for Disability Rights Pennsylvania.
5) Participate in staff meetings.
6) Participate in staff and representative payee trainings.
7) Contribute to DRP year-end program performance and Board reports.
8) Timely file bi-weekly timesheets, reimbursements, and other DRP required paperwork.
7) Other duties as assigned by the Representative Payee Coordinator.
Knowledge and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
Knowledge of the Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income Programs, and especially the representative payee program highly desirable.
Understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), primarily Title I, or similar employment discrimination laws, the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and any state employment and wage laws also highly desirable.
Working knowledge of employment/occupational and housing health and safety laws helpful.
Prior experience conducting reviews or investigations, especially involving individuals with disabilities, or interviewing or working with individuals with various disabilities, highly preferred.
Mail cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and writing sample to:
Disability Rights Pennsylvania
Attn: Director of Operations
301 Chestnut Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Or via email to [email protected].
Position will remain open until filled.
The purpose of this position description is to serve as a general summary and overview of the major duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to represent the entirety of the job nor is it intended to be all-inclusive. Management reserves the right to modify, or rescind, this position description at any time, with or without prior notice.