Disability Rights New Jersey
TITLE: Accountant/HR Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Chief Financial Officer
Disability Rights NJ is the private, not for profit, federally funded and designated protection and advocacy system for people with disabilities in New Jersey. The agency provides advocacy and legal representation for persons with disabilities to protect their human, civil and legal rights. Disability Rights NJ has a staff of 35 and a budget of $3,900,000.
Under the direction of the CFO, the Accountant/HR Coordinator is responsible for the agency’s general ledger system, accounts payable, payroll, and assists with the agency’s audit, annual budget, and monthly reporting. In addition, the Accountant/HR Coordinator will be responsible for administering the Agency’s Employee Benefits, coordinating new hire orientation and on boarding, performing yearly benefits renewals and open enrolments, maintaining personnel records, including time and attendance,
coordinates employee conferences and travel arrangements.
Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree in accounting finance, economics, or business and at least five years of work experience in non-profit accounting. Candidates should have experience using Microsoft products, fund accounting software (MIP preferred) and ADP payroll systems.
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, performs the following:
- Maintains the general ledger system including vendor information, chart of accounts and distribution codes.
- Responsible for accounts payable and payroll functions including biweekly processing of the organization’s payroll.
- Obtains authorization for purchases, approval of invoices and processes payments to vendors and subcontractors in a timely manner.
- Maintains the attendance and paid time off for all employees
- Creates journal entries for adjustments and accruals.
- Performs account analysis and reconciliations.
- Assists with year-end audit, annual budgets, and monthly financial reporting.
- Maintains accounting procedures and policies and systems of internal controls to ensure integrity of all financial systems.
- Maintains financial records and filing.
- Administers employee benefits programs for approximately 35 employees
- Assist with yearly benefits renewals for medical, dental, life and long-term disability
- Coordinates and performs new hire orientation and monitors/executes on-boarding activity.
- Maintains all personnel records including new hire information and/or changes in employment status
- Coordinates and assists with employee travel arrangements
- Performs other fiscal and related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business from an accredited college and at least 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Experience using Microsoft products with strong Excel skills.
- Experience with accounting software systems, preferably fund accounting (MIP a plus).
- Experience using payroll systems, ADP a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to analyze fiscal problems and develop solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented and organized.
- Demonstrated ability with accounting systems.
- Demonstrated ability in Accounts Payables, Payroll, Employee Benefits and General Ledger.
- Knowledge of and ability to understand and relate to culturally diverse communities.
Disability Rights NJ reserves the right to modify this job description at any time, without notice or consultation.
Disability Rights NJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter via e-mail to [email protected] or fax to (609) 777-0187.