|Webinar Peer-Run Respites: Effective Alternatives to Hospitals
|Wednesday 26 April 2017, 02:00pm |
Date: April 26, 2017
Time: 2:00pm Eastern Time
A SAMHSA sponsored webinar, developed under contract by the National Coalition for Mental Health Recovery, will take place Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 2:00pm Eastern Time called “Peer-Run Respites: Effective Alternatives to Hospitals”.
Webinar Link: https://nasmhpd.adobeconnect.com/peerrunrespites_reg/event/event_info.html
(Please either right click on the link or copy and paste the link into a new tab.)
Description: Leaders of Peer-run Respites from around the country will provide an overview of Peer-run Respites and how they voluntarily engage people and offer a continuity of care which is often unavailable with traditional care and hospitalization. Success stories will be shared, along with reports from the latest research on Peer-run Respite effectiveness.
- Steve Miccio – Executive Director, Projects to Empower and Organize the Psychiatrically Labeled, Inc. (PEOPLe, Inc.)
- Bevin Croft, M.A., M.P.P., Human Services Research Institute
- Laysha Ostrow, Ph.D., M.P.P. – Live & Learn, Inc.
- Daniel B. Fisher, MD, Ph.D. – Chief Executive Officer, National Empowerment Center, Inc.
- Jayme Lynch – Director of First Peer Support and Wellness Center in Decatur, GA
- Camille Dennis – Program Coordinator, SHARE! (the Self-Help and Recovery Exchange)
- Val Neff, CPS - Certified Peer Specialist and works with NAMI Fox Valley as the House Manager at Iris Place Peer Run Respite
- Roslind Hayes – Statewide Coordinator of the Peer Support, Wellness and Respite Centers (PSWRC)
***For both webinars, when in the seminar room, the Adobe Connect Log-in screen appears, select "Enter as a Guest," enter the name and state of the participant in the "Name" field (Ex. Jane Doe-AK) and click on "Enter Room." For attendees, this is a “listen only” webinar. Should they need to dial in, the instructions are on the note pad in the seminar room.
Please know that closed captioning is available for these webinars.
If you have any questions, please contact Kelle Masten at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-682-5187.
NDRN is part of a collaborative group funded by SAMHSA that produces these webinars
Copyright © 2006-2012